Do you have written testimonials on your website? Are you asking yourself why you would really need testimonial videos? Video is the best way, short of direct referrals from your customers, to give your company, product, or service credibility. Here are our top ten reasons why you should consider using testimonial video for your marketing:
Top 10 Reasons to Make a Testimonial Video
- The power of video is showing, not telling. Video testimonials add a human factor to your company, and give your company credibility. Authentic videos which are believable are more convincing and compelling than text on paper or a website.
- Everyone and their dog is online these days, and video is easily shared online and through social media!
- Testimonial videos help your company connect with a targeted audience. They are an excellent way to reach viewers who are already looking for what your company provides.
- A testimonial video will position your company as an expert in your community or industry.
- These types of videos can showcase how easy your product or service is to use and can explain the time or money saving benefits.
- Video helps your search engine rankings. A website with video looks better in a search engine's eyes than a website without!
- A great testimonial video can help create long term, loyal customers. Viewers value what others say about your business more than what you say about your own business!
- A Testimonial video is a cost effective way to get your company's message across, and keeps working for you after you have gone home! Videos are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and therefore can reach a much larger audience than calls or in person visits.
- These types of videos allow you to showcase your own business in a positive light without "tooting your own horn" too much. Your customers can outline the exact way in which your product or service benefited them!
- A creatively done testimonial video is a great way to be unique and compelling in your industry. Creating a genuine, memorable testimonial video will make you stand out from your competition and give potential customers a reason to choose you!
Top 7 Uses for Testimonial Videos
- On your website
- In social media (Facebook, Google +, YouTube, and especially LinkedIn)
- In the signature file of your email
- In TV and radio commercials
- In-person presentations
- In-store displays
- In quotes and proposals
Testimonial Video Example #1:
Testimonial Video Example #2:
Testimonial Video Example #3:
Best Practices for Testimonial Videos
You want a testimonial video, but how will you make it the best video it could possibly be? Here are some tips:
- A great testimonial video is authentic, the best way to achieve this is to be spontaneous and don't use a script! When you ask people GREAT questions they will usually give you even GREATER answers!
- Keep it short! If a video is longer than 2 minutes your viewer will start to lose interest.
- The best testimonial videos demonstrate specific information about how your product or service benefited your customer. Use precise stories and examples, not generalizations.
- Real people make mistakes. If someone says the odd 'um or uh' it's alright. It shows authenticity. These videos don't need to be perfect but they do need to be real!
- Take your time, breathe, allow your customer to get comfortable in front of a camera and don't rush them.
- Filming should take 20 minutes or less, so your customer doesn't get stressed or tired.
- Use a professional company to get the best quality videos. A professional will know how to light and position your customers, also how to edit the videos to make everyone look and sound fantastic!
- Make sure your testimonials answer crucial questions potential customers may have about your product or service, such as: Is it easy? Does it work? Can I do it?
- Keep it interesting. It is a great idea to include some related footage of your product or service to demonstrate what your company does.