“How to” video for training, education, explanation and software demonstration has become a “must have” resource for most companies in today’s information rich and fast paced world. People want the quickest path to learn and understand what is being offered and how it works – and, it should come as no surprise that VIDEO is the preferred medium of choice.
So, how can you make your training or “explainer” video the most effective and achieve the results you are looking for? The answer starts with proper planning to develop a script that will have impact on the viewer. Below you will find some of the questions we ask during Mastermind planning sessions for developing software demonstration video with clients. The planning process usually has at least two parts. It begins with the overall “strategic planning” for the video, and this in turn speaks to the planning around script development and the messaging you wish to convey. This strategic planning also helps to determine things like presentations style, choice of voice-over/ narration artist, and overall filming and presentation treatment.
Explainer videos have boomed in popularity over the past year due to their affordability and proven effectiveness in growing a business. This makes explainer videos an excellent marketing tool. Increasing your conversion rates, clarifying your product, and boosting your sales are important reasons for having an explainer video.
Top 10 Video Strategic Planning Questions
- What are the goals of the video?
- Who is the intended target audience?
- What is your product or service?
- What does it do?
- What might be the #1 reason stopping prospects from buying?
- What might be the biggest concern about the product or service?
- What else do viewers want to see?
- What might your audience find confusing?
- What problem can you help solve?
- What is the exciting / passionate part about your product or service?
7 Steps – Video Script Planning Questions
- Intro – What do we do?
- Explanation – what is the problem we solve?
- Transition – Connect the problem to your solution.
- Benefits & Features – Demonstrate how you solve the problem.
- Call to Action – Tell people to sign up or buy.
- Objections – Address and answer possible objection.
- Seal The Deal – Provide additional proof and repeat the Call to Action.
Contact Mastermind Studios today to learn more or to start your Video project planning.